Learn about photosynthesis, monarch butterflies, ocean ecology, photosynthesis and much more at Lucas Miller’s multimedia science programs! Give this video 60-90 seconds to see how fun life science is with the “singing zoologist!”
- Ocean Jeopardy: For Grades 4-5: In a quiz show format, this program emphasizes the science concepts typically on Texas’ STAAR test. Students learn about ocean ecosystems, photosynthesis, food chains/webs, adaptations, conservation and a whole lot more. Recommended for groups of 150-200. Features “I’m a Mako Shark,” “Living in a Wetland,” “We Can Bring Them Back,” and more. Check out all the science TEKS covered in this show!
- Texas Ecosystems: Gr. 1-4, focuses on the varied, natural environments of Texas (or the US) and the “special features” that organisms have to help them survive; includes “Bluebonnet Time,” “How Many Spots Has an Ocelot Got?” “The Chimichanga Song” and more.
- Life Cycles: K-3 students learn about how growth and migration of monarch butterflies, the metamorphosis of frogs, pollination of bluebonnets and the amazing work of honeybees.
- Predators and Prey: For K-3, this program focuses on the adaptations that help predators find and catch prey and that allow prey to protect themselves. Featuring “Fifi the Ferocious,” “Anaconda La Bamba,” I’m a Cheetah,” “I’m a Mako Shark,” and more
- Looking for a particular science topic? Feel free to contact Lucas with your own ideas!
Logistics and other details:
- Length: normally 45-50 minutes, but may be adjusted for particular ages
- Recommended group size: <200 for pre-K to 1st grade, up to 200-300 for grades 2-6
- Recommended ages: K-6
- IMPORTANT: There are different programs for the different grades so mixing pre-K or K with 4th and 5th is discouraged
- No. of shows: normally 4 shows for a full-day and 2 shows for a half -day but Lucas is committed to making the date work for you and additional (but shortened) shows can be arranged.
- Location: Libraries, cafetoriums, gyms, and theatres are all wonderful venues
- Tech needs: Nothing but an electrical outlet! Lucas provides his own mics, PA, projector and screen
- More details on Lucas’ FAQ page