Arts Respond Performance Support Grants provide support to nonprofit organizations in Texas interested in booking Lucas and other artists from theTCA Touring Artist Roster. Here are a few facts you need to know:
- Applications are funded on a sliding scale (typically 25-50%) of contracted fees. Support is based on TCA’s available funds.
- Maximum award is 50% of Lucas’ total fee, including all expenses
- The greatest awards typically go to groups in rural and/or socio-economically disadvantaged areas. Special programs are available for groups in the Rio Grande Valley, Midland/Odessa & El Paso areas.
- Application deadlines:
- August 1 for performances occurring Sept. 1-Dec. 14
- November 1 for performances from Dec. 15-March 14
- February 1 for performances between March 15-June 14
- May 1 for performances between June 15-Aug. 31
How to apply for a grant:
- If your organization doesn’t have one already, you’ll need to get a user ID for the TCA website and online grant applications here. You will need to provide your organization’s federal tax ID #, proof of non-profit status and some other information.
- Once you have the user ID & password, sign in and look for the grant program you want to apply for. Most schools will apply for Performance Support Grants. If you need help, email Anina Moore at anina(at)arts.texas.gov and she can help you out.